7/9/2024 Today I did a thing. I took a step. I downloaded an audiobook titled, 1,000 risks. It's an evangelical book. I almost stopped there, but I went for a walk and started listening. I stopped when I came to this quote, "Faith is a seed planted, risk is faith sprouting". I wanted to chew on that a bit. So we shall see.
The everyday triumph Ari lazily stretched his arms out wide, narrowly avoiding hitting his knuckles on the oversized headboard of his queen size bed. It was not quite dawn yet, but Ari was happy to be awake. He always enjoyed watching the sun come up as he sipped a cup of coffee on the balcony of his third story apartment. Sometimes at sunrise he would take a walk, welcoming both his neighbors and the new day. Today, however, he was on a deadline. Without any sense of urgency however, Ari carefully gathered together copy of the newspaper article he was editing and began the task at hand. A while later, in an apartment across town, June groggily awoke from her medication-induced slumber. “What day is it?” she thought to herself, wearily hoping to remember that it was a weekend. To her dismay, it was Tuesday, another workday in the endless cycle of drudgery. It took all her effort to will her body out of bed. Erratically June stumbled downstairs to the kitchen and po...
Such a joyous word! It is hard to say it without smiling. When I reflect on victory the first memory that comes to mind is the summer before my junior year of high school. For the entire summer, I had been playing in a local competitive junior tennis tournament series. Some of the tournaments were close to home, others were a bit out of the way. All of them were hot and humid. Muggy is the word most locals use to describe the disgusting feeling of lethargy and sweat that characterizes summers in the Mid-Atlantic region. It was muggy that first weekend of August when I finally made it through to the finals, the championship match. I don't recall many details, but I do remember the triumph. In that moment, accepting the first place trophy, (after drinking copious amounts of water,) I experienced a rush of energy; a swell of pride; a sense of awe. I felt accomplished. It was the first time I had planned and persevered to achieve a set goal. Sure, I had alwa...
Comments
Post a Comment